Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why?

Allegedly the greatest question ever asked is "Why?" So here is this. Why do we, as humans, feel the need to explain EVERYTHING?

String theory. Everything is made of tiny strings. No thanks. I prefer to stick with the thought that I am living hamburger meat, only more delicious. It seems that everyone is hell bent on me not being satisfied with just living my life and just enjoying it. You know why your head hurts when you think about complex things sometimes? Because you shouldn't think about those things. That's why it hurts. Ignorance is bliss.

I had to do some research for my COMM 221 class and I came across a chapter of a book about cooperation and the evolution of symbolic language. The book explained the fact that people think. It went in depth on things that should be obvious and made them not obvious, or unobvious, if you prefer.

I just want to go through life happy, just accepting things for what they appear to be. I don't care what cells are made of, nor do I care about the things that make up the things that make up the cells, nor do I care about the things that make up the things that make up the things that make up the cells, etc. See how stupid that just sounded. Quarks!? C'mon. Now someone's just being a prick. Yeah. Someone please explain to me why people feel the need to know about quarks or why anyone would want to try to theorize what makes up a quark. (If you don't know what a quark is, you're probably better off this way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment